Sonntag, 5. Februar 2012

February 5th to February 15th- 
Skiing, Hiking and relaxing with my family in Adelboden

It was my wish to start my sabbatical with skiing together with my family in Adelboden, Switzerland. This is the place where we used to spend our Christmas vacation before I started working for an insurance company. So it felt a little bit like "coming home":-)

A typical day looked like this:
getting up at 9 a.m., having breakfast from 9:30 to 10:30 a.m., skiing from 11 a.m. or noon to 4 or 5 p.m., enjoying the hotel's sauna a spa area, eating a 5 course menu, reading a book or watching TV and going to bed at around 1 a.m.

Some impressions of my most favourite ski area in the world:
 
View from the hotel to the village:


This is the view from my parents balcony to the spa area of the hotel and especially to the hot outdoor pool (about 34°C) called "Solebad".


Only 1 day I skipped skiing and went hiking:


Here we (my mum, my sisters partner Timm, my sister Sandra and me) were taking a break at the best ravioli lodge in the world:


The conditions were perfect: expect one day we always had blue sky, the slopes were very-well kept and we never had to line up for the gondola or the lift:



But it was cold (up to -17°C) and windy


My sister and me trembling in the gondola

My sister celebrated her birthday in Adelboden (only two champagne glasses were available:-):


my family


This is how we used to spend the sundown: in the hot outdoor pool with the view to the mountains:

My way of "Après-Ski"

A note at this end especially for my colleagues:
This time I was really lucky. I didn't fall down at all and returned home without any injuries and bruises! (Thank goodness!)

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen